YOUR ORAL HYGIENE ROUTINE
Maintain the health and brilliance of your smile with at-home dental care
To maintain the stellar results we have achieved in our Melbourne dental clinic, it is highly important to maintain a regular oral hygiene routine at home. At Wattle Park Dental, our recommended daily dental care routine includes:
- Brushing your teeth twice a day – this should be done for two minutes at a time, ensuring that you position your brush at a 45-degree angle and clean along and under the gum line.
- Flossing your teeth every single day – this is done to remove the build-up of plaque and debris on the surfaces of your teeth that cannot be reached by brushing alone.
Cleaning your tongue with your toothbrush or a tongue scraper – this is done to remove the layer of mucous on the tongue that can harbour bacteria that is responsible for bad breath.
- By complementing this daily dental care routine with regular check-ups at our Melbourne dental clinic every six months, you can enrich and protect your total oral health.
There are also some lifestyle changes that can be made to improve your oral and overall health.
At Wattle Park Dental, we recommend:
- Avoiding excessive alcohol consumption
- Quitting smoking – smoking is one of the major contributing factors to gum disease and tooth loss!
- Avoiding sticky sweet foods
- Reducing your consumption of sweetened, energy or sports drinks – these are highly acidic and can cause extensive damage to your tooth enamel