Maintain your child’s beautiful smile for life!
At Wattle Park Dental, we understand that your child’s first visit to the dentist may be a daunting and overwhelming experience. This is why we have created a friendly supportive environment in our Melbourne dental clinic to help ease the nerves of our smallest patients. Our dental professionals experienced in children’s dentistry have young children and are excellent in communicating with youngsters.
The importance of baby teeth
Why is children’s dentistry important? Contrary to popular belief, baby teeth play a significant role in your child’s oral health and the development of their facial structure, bite and adult teeth. At Wattle Park Dental children’s dentistry, we have some top tips to help you care for your child’s teeth:
- Even if your baby has not developed teeth yet, you can still clean their gums with a soft damp cloth.
- Your child should visit our Melbourne dental clinic within the first few months of their teeth developing or by their first birthday – whichever comes first.
- Never put your child to bed with a bottle of sweetened drink (milk, juice, cordial etc.) this can lead to baby bottle tooth decay.
- Do not brush your young child’s teeth with fluoridated toothpaste – use a pea-sized amount of children’s toothpaste.
- Bring your child for routine oral dental check-ups every six months.
Wattle Park Dental located in Melbourne is a great place for your child to form a healthy, happy relationship with the dentist from a young age.